UPDATE Staff Requirements and In-Game Rules

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by TechKai, Jul 30, 2017.

1. TechKai

TechKai Manager
    Staff Member Manager Administrator Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,803
    Hey guys,
    TechKai here with an update to the server!

As most of you guys know by now, I am the server's Staff Manager. I have not been able to formally announce it but this has been my position now for a little over a month. I handle issues within staff that are reported from players and staff alike, as well as issues that players may have with staff in game and on forums.

Another thing that I handle are Promotions and Demotions.
    I am the person who may accept or deny your application when you apply for a Helper position on our network.

With that said, there are a few changes that have come about within staff and for applicants that are in effect as of today.

https://fadecloudmc.com/forums/forms/helper-application.1/respond

This is the link that you would normally use to apply for Helper.
    The requirements have changed.

We no longer operate on Skype due to our new communication network, Slack, being more secure with easier ways to contact people.

Applicants now have to have a MINIMUM of 25 Player reports. This is due to some applicants being denied for the prime factor that they do not show the team enough knowledge/proof that they know the rules. All I ask is that applicants have at least 10 reports of hacking that have been accepted, and 15 on mutes or bans that may apply as well. Denied reports do NOT add up to your player report count.

This will help with securing the future of FadeCloud's Staff team will less false bans and a cleaner server for you guys to play on!

NOTE: This change will apply to current applicants as well. Current applicants will have 1 week to get their player reports to the required amount before they are denied. This does not apply to new applicants.

I also wanted to add that I have not accepted any applicants in a while because I feel that our staff team is doing well where it is at. We will be accepting new applicants as the server continues to grow! So do not worry, new staff will be around soon.

The rules have gone through a minor update as well.

https://fadecloudmc.com/forums/threads/official-rules.42943/#post-207345

Saying Server names, IPs/Advertisements have been split into two categories, Unintentional and Advertisements.

Unintentional Advertisements are now only a Tier 1 offense. Meaning you will have a warning issued for your first offense. We heard you guys talking about how you think the 7d ban was a bit extreme, and we heard you loud and clear.

Players that come on with the sole purpose of Advertising a server to make players leave the network is a Tier 4 punishment (Permanant ban with an appeal)

Some players have been attempting to bypass the 1 ad per 60 seconds rule and then claiming that it was not listed in the rules that you cannot use alternate accounts to advertise the same shop. This is considered chat flooding and bypassing the rule does not grant you immunity. I have added a note to the rules to reflect this.

Wording on a few rules have been changed up to make them a little bit more clear for staff and players. Nothing major has changed within those rules though, the punishments have remained the same except for what is mentioned above.

I hope this helps out the server and I hope to bring you guys more updates as they come!
    I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

-TechKai
    [​IMG]

#1 TechKai, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. 360Fps

360Fps Member

Ratings:
    +48
    FIRST
    Thanks for the update!

3. mrxboxalot

mrxboxalot Legendary Member

Ratings:
    +866
    Oooooh this will make it so that you can only apply if you know what hacking is! That takes out probably half of the current applicants.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Femz

Femz Former Helper

Ratings:
    +356
    This is great! Thanks for the updates Kai!

5. TechKai

TechKai Manager

Ratings:
    +1,803
    I feel like it was a necessary change. Glad you like it though!

:D Np!

6. BootyHadMeLike

BootyHadMeLike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +796
    Great changes! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Sleggio-Youtube

Sleggio-Youtube Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127
    This will make staff a lot better good changes

8. robbae

robbae Honored member

Ratings:
    +384
    Hold up boy I'm boutta be applying again soon to make the staff team great again! Do my previous bans for the two times I was staff count as the minimum ten reports of hacking as none of my bans were unbanned?!?!?!

Love you kai!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OreoGod

OreoGod Helper ★
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +690
    I'm super excited for this!

My question is, do they need to have the player reports prior to the application, or during their application?

10. _OverHeat

_OverHeat Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +200
    Great update! The rules are clearer as prison has many people breaking the 60 second per ad rule.

Also, str gogeta is trash, ssj4 gogeta will replace and be a one man team. :p

11. DoctorNimrod

DoctorNimrod Former Moderator

Ratings:
    +266
    This should be exempt for the people who currently have an application up...Like @Endeh he has great community support behind and and shouldn't have to be denied due to his player reports

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. TechKai

TechKai Manager

Ratings:
    +1,803
    Str gogeta is the shit until SSJ4 comes out. He will be the new king.

On one side I understand why you say this, but on the other side this is only there because we need applicants who are familiar with the staff rules, what hacks are, and how to do reports and handle them properly. Most of the applicants have been recently denied due to inactivity or player reports not holding up. This needs to change. The current applicants will have time to get their reports up BUT if things do not change soon then they will be denied.

13. DoctorNimrod

Ratings:
    +266
    I understand why you guys issued it but it shouldn't at least be applied to people's who's app's have been up for a week or two

14. Femz

Femz Former Helper

Ratings:
    +356
    Dude its not that hard to get 25 reports in 1 week, I got 13 in one day and 5 of them were videos.

15. DoctorNimrod

Ratings:
    +266
    That's not the point i'm trying to get, I'm saying that the requirements should be issued here on out to anyone who applies, not to the people who already applied. For example @Endeh he's been with fade quite a long time and I'm pretty sure he know's the rules and what hacks are...yet he still has to meet the requirements after his application has been up for a little over 2 weeks...

16. Femz

Femz Former Helper

Ratings:
    +356
    Dude, requirements are requirements.

17. DoctorNimrod

Ratings:
    +266
    I understand this but they should not have applied to apps already up

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Ckai

Ckai Apprentice

Ratings:
    +1

Love the new updates just one thing does it count if we tell staff that a player is hacking and they ban them or do we have to report them on forums?

19. Femz

Femz Former Helper

Ratings:
    +356
    You have to report on forums.

20. CheckCoords

CheckCoords Former Helper

Ratings:
    +1,336
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1