? users online on Discord server

Click to join our Official Discord server!

FadeCloud.com

Click to copy ip address!

NEWS Factions (Staffing Announcement)

Chrisbeg

Community Manager
Manager
factions staffing announcement.png

After careful thought, I’m here to announce some changes to Factions in regards to staffing. It’s such a shame we’ve had to take such measures, but apparently some of the Faction community cannot respect staff and some staff cannot separate faction competitiveness to their staffing responsibility.

We have a huge issue, or at least we did of there not being any ‘dedicated’ staff for Factions. We’ve tried our utmost hardest to find the correct people, without luck due to issues with the candidates, but for people we have brought in they have either abused, created hostility or are harassed by the community while they try to play factions competitively causing all sorts of issues.

Staff and Factions that have a staff member in are accused of abuse constantly, but this is the nature of Factions, I understand that - but the FadeCloud management can't keep going through 100 reports on 1 staff member of ‘abuse’ just because they’re ‘enemies’. I’m not saying staff reports aren’t appreciated, but in regards to factions we’re finding that they’re created in malicious intent and 90% of times are fabricated, have no or insufficient proof to the claims.

Therefore,

Senior Moderators, as well as Administrators are no longer allowed to ‘play’ the Faction gamemode. Senior Moderators will still have /tpo and /vanish, but these staff will not play Factions competitively.

By competitively I mean,

Senior Moderators and Administrators are no longer allowed to join a faction.
Senior Moderators and Administrators are no longer allowed to PVP in the PVP area, Outposts, Wild etc, even if they’re on their own and without a faction.
Senior Moderators and Administrators are no longer allowed to build a base, or even help friends build their bases.
Senior Moderators and Administrators are no longer allowed to make trades or trade for others on Factions.

Therefore, if any current or future Sr.Mod would like to play Factions on FadeCloud they must resign to Moderator or decline the promotion of Moderator -> Senior Moderators.

Unfortunately, I’m sure this will decrease higher staffing activity on Factions, a highly toxic environment at the moment, but is something that I believe we need to trial as of right now.

Moderators do not have access to /tpo. Therefore, abuse claims on Moderators in regards to /tping or ‘writing co ords down’ should not be possible.
Moderators do not have access to /vanish. Therefore abuse claims on Moderators in regards to vanish issues should not be possible.

Overall, I hope you understand why this change has had to take place, this is another case of certain people ruining things for the vast majority. Please note that this is only a trial, if we feel like its not working out we may revert back or improve on the idea.

Kind Regards,
FadeCloud Management​

AlphaBeta

Administrator
Administrator
Supporter
Happy we came to the conclusion that it was only SrMods+ and I talked you out of the whole staff team.
I'd hate to see some of our staff go if that were the case :)

I will state here what I said to the staff, it is nothing against them; it is regarding the fact that the permissions are there so people will pinpoint that when something is out of the ordinary and instantly think they are Abusing.
This change does not mean we think less of anyone who decides to decline promotion or requests a demotion, we just want staffing duties to come first above all else as you go from Helper to Administrator, especially in a Server where certain permissions are redacted from our Moderators' basic permissions.
Please keep this in mind when/if you decide to apply for Staff!

xo

Conor

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
It's a shame that it had to come to this.

And we can all blame guap because of this lmao, i never saw any other faction than guap constantly callout limme. Limme had to eventually record every time he pvped

And we can all blame guap because of this lmao, i never saw any other faction than guap constantly callout limme. Limme had to eventually record every time he pvped
Are u dumb? We accused him of abuse not hacking. Also recording doesnt help when you guys fight in invis pots.

Limme

Are u dumb? We accused him of abuse not hacking. Also recording doesnt help when you guys fight in invis pots.
He’s referring to abuse such as using /v and /tp to get out of PvP which was one of the many things I was accused of.

iCannon

Heroic Fader
Former Staff
HAHAHA IM TRYING SO HARD NOT TO LAUGH AT THIS SHIT.

We have a huge issue, or at least we did of there not being any ‘dedicated’ staff for Factions. We’ve tried our utmost hardest to find the correct people, without luck due to issues with the candidates, but for people we have brought in they have either abused, created hostility or are harassed by the community while they try to play factions competitively causing all sorts of issues.
“Harassed by the community” Sounds like normal to me. Harassed while helper and mod. THIS WONT FIX ANYTHING.

Staff and Factions that have a staff member in are accused of abuse constantly, but this is the nature of Factions, I understand that - but the FadeCloud management can't keep going through 100 reports on 1 staff member of ‘abuse’ just because they’re ‘enemies’. I’m not saying staff reports aren’t appreciated, but in regards to factions we’re finding that they’re created in malicious intent and 90% of times are fabricated, have no or insufficient proof to the claims.
This is exactly the shit I dealt with and now you finally see. Fucking hilarious

hws

Veteran Fader
Former Staff
It really is a shame that a community is so toxic that it forces the Manager to add a rule that certain staff roles cannot play the game just because people are taking the game way too seriously.
If people are reporting out of spite and the person did nothing wrong, those people should receive warnings. If they exceed x amount of warnings, they should be removed from the community for a certain period of time.

Karina

Aspirant Fader
Former Staff
i mean... yall do know that being staff on any subserver gets you harassed right