Ask Staff | Mute Evasion & More!

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Nauseous_, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Nauseous_

Nauseous_ Network Moderator

Ratings:
    +379
    Hello Faders!

As you would've noticed over the past few weeks an "Ask Staff" thread has been made each week with a frequently asked questions. Recently, I got this chance, but can't think of a question. So, I turn to you guys.

What question would you like answered?

Mute Evasion Explained
    Mute evading is when a player is muted and contacts another player or staff member in a private message in-game by speaking with them about something not related to an important question. If a player is caught breaking a chat rule while muted that player will be banned for what the duration of their punishment would be from a mute. If a player has an alt that has been muted, all alts evading the mute at the time will be muted for 30 days. If a player is caught admitting to having an alt that has been muted, that account will be muted for 30 days. Of course to allow players to get help still you can message a staff member to ask a question. E.G "theres a hacker" or "how do you teleport?"

Ummmmm cause they are naughty!

Player or Staff Disrespect
    Excessively disrespecting a player or staff member. This includes harassment, targeting, and bullying.
    Example: “Player why are you so freaking stupid.”
    1st Offense: Warning
    2nd Offense: 1d Mute
    3rd Offense: 7d Mute
    4th Offense: Permanent Mute
    As you can tell, its a warning on the first offense. Then goes to a 1d ban ON ALL players not just for staff disrespect.

We dont have /near because there isnt really a reason for it on skyblock plus ./near on skyblock isn't eula compliant therefore it was not added as a perk to the new ranks.
    Chat filters typically consist of a word blacklist. If we blacklist one word it means any words with that word in it would be blocked. This could interfere with normal chat. We also have no need for a chat filter because we punish players who break the specified chat rules.

You get teleported to spawn when you get close to the void so you don't fall in, die, and lose your items which could cause a lot of rage.

Not sure about the spawn one.

Placing anvils could probably be re-added if someone makes a suggestion with enough player support.

Racism isnt accepted on fadecloud. So 14days was set as the punishment so people learn their lessons.

The new rules are much more clear than the last lot. Only admins are able to punish differently with permission from either Kyra or Mew. Admins can also punish a staff member once received the ok from the owner/Manger. The extra punishments typically only come from the excessive rule breaking, extreme evasions, or other things to a high extent.

Lucky may have been confused or the player evaded the mute excessively.

The rules are being followed 100% for the most part. The above paragraph explains the rest. We also constantly have to make changes to the rules due to players finding bypasses.
    You may appeal for the and tag @kyradawn

Has this been sorted?

I have just tested this and found it to be 1.
    What exactly are u trading the pack for?

Once getting 50 messages on the forums WITHOUT post farming you can apply in the Applications section. Keep in mind that if you have been banned within that month you CANNOT apply.
    ~Fadecloud Staff Team~

#1 Nauseous_, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 6:57 PM
  2. DoctorVape

DoctorVape Apprentice

Ratings:
    +3
    Whats the lowest "Y" coord i can place down? 0 or 1

3. iExtreme

iExtreme Network Helper
    Helper Supporter

Ratings:
    +113
    Seconds!
    Oh, and I would like for you to ask "What's the importance of keeping your language clean?" By the way,
    It's answered. xD

4. gadboizzz

gadboizzz Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Ratings:
    +999
    Why do members go to great lengths to suck up? (A question for staff, totally not directed to the comment above me.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DiamondHelper301

DiamondHelper301 Honored member

Ratings:
    +100
    The reason for banning players who are toxic towards staff instead of muting them

6. MORDOOM

MORDOOM Apprentice

Ratings:
    +12
    why we don't have /near on skyblock? why there isn't a chat filter on fade, why we get teleported to spawn for falling into the void even though this can hinder making the bottom of our island right above the void. why we stopped spawning at spawn in skyblock, why placing anvils was disabled when all we had to do was disable their block function so we could still use them for decoration.

7. derpy_fader_31

derpy_fader_31 Apprentice

Ratings:
    +9
    why do u get 14 day ban for racism???

8. gadboizzz

gadboizzz Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Ratings:
    +999
    Allow me to answer this: racist people deserve a fate worse than death (Trump); however, since Fade is unable to torture, this is a healthy alternative.

• Fire Fire x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lindsey

Lindsey Former Helper

Ratings:
    +561
    What happened to the rules being remade to help clarify for players and staff what is and isn't allowed and the punishment lengths?

Lucky told Bagelz to temp ban someone who was evading their mute for the remainder of their mute rather than sticking to the 30 day mute for mute evading.

What was the point in the new rules and Kyra and some other staff saying it was to help clarify the rules if the new rules aren't being followed 100%? It was to help with the confusion not continue creating confusion.

Can I go appeal for those who were muted for 30 days because of the rule since apparently other staff (Bagelz said Lucky and other staff told him to temp ban users evading their mute for the remainder) are not following the actual rules or what?

• Like Like x 1
  10. squirrelboy2000

squirrelboy2000 Apprentice

Ratings:
    +1
    i need help so if staff could msg me that'd be great...

11. lnches

lnches Apprentice

Ratings:
    +8
    tbh with you iv'e been playing fade for years now I know all the rules just don't want to follow them ya know? but if you need help pm a staff member on fourms or just go to every server {kitpvp fac prison etc} saying staff? if someone reply's then u got help c;

12. XISilverIX

XISilverIX Network Moderator

Ratings:
    +939
    In a further response to this, Medkey has also commented the same as well as several others claiming that the ban time is the remainder of the mute ( not the 30d mute, which quite frankly is rather ridiculous, makes no sense to mute for mute evasion when they'll just evade, ban evasion is simple whereas you get banned and you aren't allowed on for a longer time)

It's caused much confusion among the community and within the staff and it's disorienting. Some clarity on whether we even follow the rules would be nice because it seems that some of us do and others don't and when in a conversation about which is right, nobody is even sure about anything despite it being clear as daylight on the rules thread. It's caused way too much confusion and in all honesty the rules should just go back to how they were.

Mute evasion should be a ban for the remainder of the mute.

Ban Evasion should be double the ban on the main account and a 2w ban on the Alternative for evading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lindsey

Lindsey Former Helper

Ratings:
    +561
    Exactly! It should just be for the remainder of the mute rather than this 30-day mute thing. Although if all staff would just follow what is on the rules, there would not be ANY confusion.

14. XISilverIX

Ratings:
    +939
    Alright so I've talked with the other staff members (Sorry for stealing the spotlight Derpy :c) and here's our explanation for our actions and although it is a variation of the rules I hope this explains and clears it all up. (This is in no farm a form of excuse for our "unknown" modification of the rules, this is just a public address to make it aware that this is how it will be handled)

30 day mutable offences:

Example A: "Hey, how are you ? I just wanna talk, it's boring being muted"

This is mute evasion as it is making common conversation with no importance really and is jut a ploy to evade the mute.

Example B: "You stupid f** "

In this example let's assume this individual was muted for racism. However this is a homophobic slur. Since the offences are not the same, it is a 30-day mute for mute evasion.

Timed Bans for Mute Evasion:

Ex: "You stupid f** f*** yourself"

Let's assume this player was muted for a homophobic slur correct ? He would be then banned for the next offense tier. In this example let's say he is muted for 2h as a first offense. He would then proceed to be banned for 4 hours as mute evasion/ 2nd offense Homophobic slur.

I however don't know the full of things (clearly as I'm much confused myself about the topic) so later on Derpy will make a new Ask Staff further explaining this in detail to cross out confusion and explain things in a better perspective.

#14 XISilverIX, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  15. Lindsey

Lindsey Former Helper

Ratings:
    +561
    Yes, I completely get that. But why would users who are not being toxic get a mute for 30 days but those who ARE toxic get off with a temp ban and can come back hours later and continue being toxic? It should honestly just be the remainder of the mute period but it really just does not make any sense to punish someone harder if they are not toxic or barely toxic and let those who are toxic off with a slap on the wrist basically. Do you get what I am saying?

16. XISilverIX

Ratings:
    +939

This is how I found it to be when I talked to them, however yeah I definitly understand what you're saying. It makes no sense at all. I'll talk to someone when Idk they're not sleeping I suppose and have this cleared up.

#16 XISilverIX, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TheGoldKeeper

TheGoldKeeper Apprentice

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright. I'd like to know what 'Death Promotion' is.

18. XISilverIX

Ratings:
    +939
    Promoting death upon another player.

Some examples are but offenses are not limited to:

"Drink Bleach"

"Kys"

19. TheGoldKeeper

TheGoldKeeper Apprentice

Ratings:
    +0
    Huh. Yeah, makes sense. Now um.. It says I don't have permission to access the rules. Do you know why?

20. iExtreme

iExtreme Network Helper
    Helper Supporter

Ratings:
    +113